It starts running slow day by day and occasionally causes freezes, which may deter you from your working routine and disturb you a lot.
Then you want someone to help you solve this problem because you don’t have any idea How to reset the Samsung laptop in Windows. Am I right?
If Yes, then don’t be confused because, in this article, I have explained in detail how you can reset your Samsung laptop by just following a few steps. So stay with us.
Did Your Samsung Laptop Need To Be Reset?
Before telling you the exact method for factory resetting the Samsung laptop, I think you should check you are facing these problems or not.
- Your laptop affected by the virus, and the antivirus is not working.
- Laptop freeze and crushed a lot
- Laptop performance is deficient (Open programs and files very late)
- Want to reset your laptop before selling
- Not enough space for new programs(low storage space)
- Forget password for login to Samsung laptop.
Instead of restoring your Samsung Laptop, I suggest you try Windows Boot Genius to fix your Samsung laptop. They check your computer all over the performance and will guide you precisely. What is the problem?
Samsung Laptops have an application that may help you to recover and backup your essential data and information from your system called “System Recovery Solution.”
Reset Your Samsung Laptop Using System Recovery Solution
Note: Before you start, make sure to backup all the essential files and data, so in case anything goes wrong, you may have the vital files intact with you.
- Connect your laptop with the Power plug before reset
- Shut down your laptop and turn it On again and press F4 as it starts(mostly Esc key is used when the machine is booting)
- You’ll see a screen that displays a system recovery solution after a few minutes.
- Push Enter, and within a few moments, “Samsung system recovery application” will be appeared.
- Then you’ll see 3 options like Backup, System software, and Restore. Click Restore option
- After selecting the restore option, you’ll see 3 more options, but you need to click on Complete Restore(This option will format all of the data in the C: Drive. This option will make your laptop to a new state, built as a brand new system)
- After that, you’ll see a screen where you need to select Computer Initial Status and click Next.
- Now Press OK to start to restore(This will take your laptop to as new when you bought it the first time)
You can also select other options such as Basic restore or Data to restore if you want to remove some specific data from your laptop.
Now be patient and wait for at least 30 to 40 minutes to do a complete restore. Still, usually, it depends on the specifications you are using on the laptop.
The laptop will restart multiple times during this process. Once the procedure is done, click OK, and your laptop will be new.
By following these easy steps, you can successfully factory reset your laptop.
If you want a complete guide about this application or want to install this application, click here.
Factory Reset Samsung Laptop In Windows 10
Once a time, factory reset was a somewhat tricky process, but now Microsoft makes it much more comfortable in Windows 8. But it extends to windows 10 as well.
The steps used for factory reset in windows 10 are elementary.
For now, we’ll only discuss steps to perform in Windows 10 reset.
- First, go to Start Menu and open Settings, and then go to the Updates and Security option.
- Select the recovery option
- There you’ll see the Reset PC header; click on Get Started option.
- You will see two options to select Keep my files or Remove everything (if you choose the first option, it will delete all of your installed apps like Ms office, browser, and all the other apps, but if you select the second option, it will delete all of your essential or unimportant files means it cleans everything)
- If you choose to Remove everything, windows ask if you want to clean the drive or remove your files. Selecting Remove files and wipe the drive will surely erase the drive, and it’s hard to recover. Still, if you want to get rid of your laptop for any reason, you can also select the Remove only files option; this will format only Drive C.
- After choosing an option, it will show you a confirmation pop up, confirm it, and wait for the complete process. During this process, your laptop will restart many times, so don’t be worried about that. Be sure that before starting this process, plug your laptop into the power circuit.
When the process is complete, you will find your laptop as a brand new laptop.
Factory Reset Samsung Laptop In Windows 8/8.1
It’s so simple; follow the same steps given below:
- Go to the start menu and move to settings.
- In Change PC Settings, you will see Update and Recovery. Click on it.
- Now choose the Recovery option. You’ll get three more options such as Advance startup, Refresh my pc, and Remove everything.
- You need to select the Remove everything and reinstall Windows option and then click Get started opportunity.
- Another popup will appear, showing you in detail what will happen if you choose that; click Next.
- Then you’ll again see a popup, Remove my Data or Remove files and clean the drive, Then you need to select remove files and clean the drive option, or you can choose the other option that will remove only C Drive, which may be difficult to reset
- Now it will show you a confirmation popup; click reset.
This will make your laptop a brand new laptop as it was the first time.
Frequently Ask Question:
My Samsung laptop has been factory reset without a password. How do I do this?
Step 1: Start the computer and press F4 multiple times until the Samsung logo appears to launch Samsung Recovery.
Step 2: Click the Start Factory Reset button.
Step 3: Once the Start reset confirmation screen appears, click OK.
Step 4: Your PC has been reset.
Why does my Samsung Windows 8 laptop not work after a factory reset?
Step 1: Windows 8/8.1 factory reset for Samsung laptops;
Step 2: Click Settings and then Change PC settings from the top-right corner of your screen. Moving the mouse pointer down will bring up the settings menu.
Step 3: Tap or click Recovery, then click or tap Update and recovery.
Step 4: Tap or click; Reinstall Windows under Remove everything and reinstall.
How do I completely reset my laptop?
Start by clicking Settings, then Update & Security, on the Start menu. On the left side of the Update & Security window, click Recovery. In the right pane, click Get Started under Reset this PC. Choose to Keep my Files, Remove Everything, or Restore Factory Settings from the following screen.
How do I hard reset my Samsung computer?
Once the Samsung logo appears, press and hold the power button, the volume up button, and the home key simultaneously, as shown below.
Select wipe data/factory reset from the Android system recovery screen. The user data will be deleted if you select Yes.
Now select Restart system.
How can I reset my Samsung mobile with a PC?
- Reset the settings by going to Settings > Backup.
- On the Home screen, tap on Factory data reset.
- Tap on Reset Device to reset the device.
- Once you have entered your password, tap on Continue.
- By tapping on the Erase Everything button, you will erase all data.
Thank you so much for reading this fantastic Guide. We have explained in detail how you can easily factory reset your Samsung laptop without making too much effort. So if you like this GuideGuide, please share it with your friends. Because sharing is caring.