Summary – Stock trading is a profession for thousands of people, most of them working from the comfort of their homes. They spend most of their working hours searching
Stock trading is a profession for thousands of people, most of whom work from the comfort of their homes. They spend most of their working time studying changes in the stock markets. With the best laptops for stock trading, you should get distracted by battery life, display, and performance as this is an important task that requires a lot of attention. Having the right gadget is imperative to focus on your job rather than fixing technical issues on your laptop.
- Top Best laptops for stock trading
- 1. Acer Aspire 5 Slim laptop with 15.6-inch HD display – A super-fast entry-level laptop
- 2. Asus VivoBook 15 Thin and light laptop – A lightweight laptop with a brilliant display
- 3. Lenovo Flex 14 2-in-1 Convertible Laptop – Best convertible laptops for stock trading
- 4. Dell XPS 15.6 inch 4K InfinityEdge touchscreen laptop – A premium laptop that allows you to view more of your holdings
- 5. Asus VivoBook S ultra-thin and portable laptop – Best laptops for stock trading with lots of storage space
- 6. Asus Zenbook 14 ultra-slim notebook – Durable laptop for stock traders
- 7. Microsoft Surface Pro 6 – Best premium laptop with pen
- 8. Apple MacBook Air 13 inch laptop – Permanent and secure operating system updates for problem-free computing
- 9. HP 17.3 inch touchscreen notebook laptop – An affordable laptop with a touchscreen
- 10. Acer Spin 3 Convertible Laptop – Highly productive laptop for stock trading
- 11. HP Specter 13.3-inch laptop – A powerful, rugged laptop with gorilla glass
- 12. Lenovo Flex 11 2-in-1 Convertible Laptop – A compact convertible that is really affordable
- Frequently asked Questions
The best laptops for stock trading should have certain unique characteristics as the nature of that activity requires. This includes a large and eye-safe display and better graphics. Stock trading involves studying many presentations and charts. There are other requirements for laptops used for stock trading. You can look at each area.
- Best affordable Laptops For Video Editing & 4K Video editing
- Best Laptops for AutoCAD
- Best Recommended Laptops For Students in 2021
- Processor & Graphics : You need a decent processor and GPU to handle regular traffic as well as the volume of activity you see as it grows over the next few years. So choose the processor and GPU carefully and carefully. A good Intel or AMD processor and the right graphics unit can do the job.
- Display size : The display size must be at least 15 inches or more. When you get a 17 inch display. It’s even better. Stock trading usually means looking at the screen with a lot of information. The bigger the screen, the better it is for your eyes.
- Display Resolution : Look for a better screen resolution than the regular one as a typical stock trading screen includes details that may be in small fonts. Check the details before you place the order.
- Eye protection : Constantly watching the screen while trading stocks can strain your eyes. There are laptops with special eye protection. This is either a special level above the display panel or a separate screen. If that’s not part of their laptop lineup, consider buying one separately.
- Internet Security : You want to protect your laptop from cyber attacks. The risk of hacking always hangs over your head. Check if there is an antivirus / anti-malware program loaded on the laptop. If it isn’t there, you’ll need to install one separately.
- Laptop Security : You want to keep the details of your stock trading activity to yourself and not share it with others. Your laptop for trading stocks must have a secure login feature, either a fingerprint sensor or facial recognition. Check the laptop before buying.
When all of the above is done, the remaining specifications and functions will be applied automatically.
Top Best laptops for stock trading
1. Acer Aspire 5 Slim laptop with 15.6-inch HD display – A super-fast entry-level laptop
The sleek Acer Aspire 5 laptop made it to the top of the list because it somehow manages to deliver on all fronts. Finding the best laptops for trading stocks is not a complex task, but individual requirements vary. The Acer Aspire 5 is more of a balanced device that is the perfect choice for everyone. Since it’s budget-friendly, it further sweetens the business.
The display is 15.6 inches and has a full HD resolution of 1920 x 1080 pixels. The HD resolution allows you to see a lot of content at a glance compared to lower resolution screens. Under the hood, the laptop is pretty powerful and versatile as it uses an AMD Ryzen 3 3200U dual-core processor. The laptop with 4 GB RAM and 128 GB NVMe SSD reacts very quickly.
One advantage of an AMD processor is that it is also coupled with the AMD Radeon Vega 3 mobile graphics. The graphics in many stock trading applications and websites can be rendered better because of the integrated graphics chip. It runs in Windows 10 S mode, which is probably the only downside, but the battery life is excellent at almost 7 hours.
What Makes the Acer Aspire 5 Slim Laptop Great for Stock Traders?
- The laptop is affordable and an easy choice even for newbies to stock trading.
- It has SSD storage that is fast and responsive.
- Newbies looking for a reliable laptop for stock trading, the Acer Aspire 5 is slim and has all the connectivity ports.
- A merchant who needs to transfer files, use external hard drives, and other work can easily do it.
- The SSD also ensures data stability, which is a must for serious stock brokers.
2. Asus VivoBook 15 Thin and light laptop – A lightweight laptop with a brilliant display
The best ad is mandatory if you are a serious stock trader as you will most often stare at it for 12 hours a day or more. The Asus VivoBook 15 wins in this area due to the almost frameless design and the large 15-inch display that is great to look at, great successes. It’s easy on the eyes. Combining it with the new Windows 10 dark mode can help reduce eye strain. With the frameless Full HD display, you can view more content on the screen at the same time, without intervention, and keep an eye on everything.
Another selling point of this product is its lightweight design. The laptop weighs only 3.5 pounds and you can easily carry it around in one hand. If you are a stockbroker while doing other business and always on the move, the sleek and lightweight design comes in handy. The product is powered by an AMD Ryzen 5 quad-core processor with 8 GB RAM and 256 GB SSD.
Thanks to the large SSD storage, you can save many files on the local drive and access them quickly. The SSD is not prone to operating system malfunctions even if the laptop is moved a lot. The keyboard is backlit so you can use it in the dark to peek at the stock charts, candles, and the status of your stocks. The connectivity ports are numerous and Wi-Fi AC is also supported. The fingerprint reader offers an additional layer of security.
What Makes the Asus VivoBook 15 a Good Choice for Retailers?
- The display is bright, without a frame, and ideally allows you to easily view stock trades.
- The fingerprint sensor protects the Windows logon to protect your investment and privacy.
- For exchange traders who need an extra layer of security, the Asus VivoBook 15 Thin and Light Laptop is best recommended.
- It works with a fingerprint sensor that allows you to sign in to websites, the Windows operating system, and other apps.
3. Lenovo Flex 14 2-in-1 Convertible Laptop – Best convertible laptops for stock trading
A touchscreen laptop can make life a lot easier for the stockbroker. You can also opt for touchscreen-friendly apps on Windows 10. It’s extremely easy to switch between candles, increase or decrease dispersion, and do many other activities right on the display. The Lenovo Flex 14 2-in-1 lets you get your work done in a number of different ways.
Instead of always having to use it in laptop mode, you can switch it to tablet mode and use it while lying on a bed or couch. The laptop has a large 14-inch full HD display with a resolution of 1080p. The device is powered by the AMD Ryzen 5 3500U mobile processor and uses Radeon Vega 8 graphics. You can use Photoshop and other design programs to create the flowcharts or presentations necessary for your career as a stockbroker.
The convertible laptop is also compatible with the Active Pen and is bundled with the product by Lenovo. This is a welcome addition considering that you can use it in tablet mode, markup, and take screenshots right on the display, which is important for keeping an eye on multiple stocks. The battery life is equally impressive at almost 10 hours, so you can use it for a longer period of time.
What Makes the Lenovo Flex 14 2-in-1 Convertible Laptop the Best?
- The touchscreen function and its versatile design are a unique feature.
- Compatibility with the Active Pen
- The laptop has great battery life, enough 12GB of RAM, and 256GB of SSD storage to keep all of your files safe.
- Traders who need to keep an eye on their investments.
- Screen diagrams and other works are more easily navigated and digitally marked for easy understanding.
4. Dell XPS 15.6 inch 4K InfinityEdge touchscreen laptop – A premium laptop that allows you to view more of your holdings
The Dell XPS 15.6 inch 4K laptop is marketed as a gaming laptop because it is integrated with an NVIDIA1050Ti 4GB graphics card. From a stock trader’s point of view, opting for a laptop with a 4K display not only ensures first-class workmanship but also more space on the screen to display a lot of content. Everything you need to know can be viewed at a glance, making it easier for you to keep track of multiple stock investments.
The respective model is quite capable in terms of hardware specifications, as it runs on an Intel Core i8 of the 5th generation with 8 GB of RAM and 512 GB of SSD storage. The display is the unique aspect of this laptop, which is a 15.6-inch 4K panel with an InfinityEdge touchscreen. A touchscreen laptop is useful for traders because they can easily switch between different screens and monitor rates of change.
The display supports 10-finger multi-touch, making it intuitive and productive. The Dell XPS is powered by a 1050Ti graphics card that allows you to easily run graphically intensive stockbroking applications. There are many new apps and browser-based extensions available these days. It also has future-proof connectivity ports, including Thunderbolt 3 Speed and USB 3.1. The keyboard is backlit so it can be used in low light. Dell XPS is also one of the best laptop for real estate agents.
What Makes the Dell XPS 15.6-Inch 4K a Good Choice for Stock Traders?
- The increased screen resolution of the laptop enables you to view a lot of content at a glance.
- It’s a quad-core laptop that can handle intensive applications and multiple software programs without slowing down.
- The Dell XPS 15.6-inch 4K is perfect for the seasoned stockbroker who wants only the best.
- It’s a powerful laptop with a 4K touchscreen display that allows you to view multiple screens at the same time and run different programs.
- If you are looking for a premium laptop with an extensive display, this is the one for you.
5. Asus VivoBook S ultra-thin and portable laptop – Best laptops for stock trading with lots of storage space
The size of the laptop you use to trade stocks is very important as it is very difficult to move around with a bulky device. The ultra-thin Asus VivoBook S laptop offers advantages in every respect, as it is quite light and can be carried in your backpack. Another impressive aspect of the device is the storage space as it has a 128 GB SSD combined with a large 1 TB hard drive for all of your files.
Now you can conveniently download megabytes of files of stock trading ideas, practice deals, and other tutorial videos from YouTube. You can save all of these files offline and view them on the go, making them a compatible solution for any budding stock trader. Plus, the 15.6-inch 1080p display increases the quality of the content you can see on your computer.
The fingerprint sensor, which you can also use to log into Windows, offers an additional layer of security. All of your private inventory files and research materials can now be stored securely and locally with no intervention wherever you are using your laptop. There are plenty of connectivity ports including USB 3.1 and SD card ports. These help in sharing files from any medium. The dual-band WiFi offers better connectivity at airports and hotel rooms if required.
What Makes the Asus VivoBook S Ultra-Thin Laptop the Best?
- The design and display are perfect for a stock trader who has to spend hours reading metrics on the stock market.
- Thanks to the large storage space of 1 TB, you can save all your files offline without any restrictions.
- Stock traders who have a lot of eBooks and large YouTube video files on how to trade stocks can be saved on their device.
- You don’t have to rely on the internet all the time.
- Plus, you can take advantage of the stronger Wi-Fi connectivity to ensure that your stock trades are executed on time with no connectivity issues.
6. Asus Zenbook 14 ultra-slim notebook – Durable laptop for stock traders
The Asus Zenbook 14 offers many of the company’s innovations. For people who love something new, this premium laptop is ideal. The benefit a retailer gets is the intuitive 5.65-inch touchpad at the bottom of the keyboard. You can instantly switch between multiple apps with hand gestures and use them as the secondary screen for the primary display.
When trading stocks, there are many moments when you need to take notes in your handwriting. Some users use an Apple pen or stylus that can be used on their tablets. However, there are very few laptops that allow you to do this right on the trackpad. However, the ZenBook supports this new feature so you can take notes.
The 14-inch HD display is paired with powerful internal specs, including an i7 processor, 16 GB of RAM, and 512 GB of SSD storage space. The trackpad is responsive because it can be used to display the numeric keypad so you can quickly enter numbers. It is very useful for stockbrokers and trading professionals to work on an Excel spreadsheet.
What makes the ultra-thin and portable Asus VivoBook S notebook unique?
- The longevity of this laptop is great and traders can use it all day as it has cooling features to help maintain the optimal temperature.
- The laptop uses a large trackpad which improves productivity.
- The stock trader who is productivity focused and wants the best experience.
- The large trackpad is useful for doing a lot of math, dealing with numbers and keeping software programs in stock.
- It’s easy to use and quick to switch between apps.
- Overall, the ultra-thin Asus VivoBook S notebook has a premium finish that is ideal for elite retailers.
7. Microsoft Surface Pro 6 – Best premium laptop with pen
Defining Microsoft Surface Pro 6 is a difficult task as it is a laptop, but it can also be called a tablet because the keyboard is not permanently attached to it. The most powerful device happens to be the most versatile. If you can spend nearly $ 1000 it will provide the best Windows operating system experience. After all, a lot of the work a stock trader does is related to tracking the stock market and its changes.
This product made its way onto the list of the best laptops for stock trading because of its versatility and amazingly long battery life. The keyboard cover is completely removable so you can use the touchscreen. The pen comes in handy when you need it, and you can easily mark things on the screen or take notes in your handwriting. It even has a gyroscope like a tablet, which makes it easier to look at apps from different perspectives.
The Surface Pro 6 is powered by an Intel i8 processor of the 5th generation with 8 GB of RAM and has enough 256 GB of storage space. RAM and storage are more than adequate for all of your browsing needs and for installing some stock trading apps. The battery is solid as it can provide over 13 hours of video playback. It weighs only 1.70 pounds, making it easy to transport.
What distinguishes Microsoft Surface Pro 6?
- The laptop’s sleek design and hybrid nature allow you to carry it on the plane or anywhere you work.
- Stock traders can usually afford the higher price that offers the best battery life in its class.
- Experienced stockbrokers who need a reliable, powerful laptop on the go.
- In addition to using standard apps and surfing on the go, you can also use the pen to easily highlight content.
- The battery life gives you a long screen on time that can keep you entertained, especially on long flights, etc.
8. Apple MacBook Air 13 inch laptop – Permanent and secure operating system updates for problem-free computing
The Apple MacBook Air 13-inch notebook has been around for a long time. The advantage of MacOS is that Apple controls both the hardware and the software. For users who need the best stock trading laptops with long-term durability, the MacBook Air should have a three-year lifespan. There are even people who use it for five years. The longevity of this laptop gives you the best value for money.
Hardware specs hardly matter, but if you want to know, this previous generation Air is powered by a 1.8GHz dual-core Intel i5 processor. A newer twist on the same will cost a lot more which you can decide based on your budget. It has 8 GB of RAM and 128 GB of SSD, and the overall performance is always top-notch due to the macOS operating system. Plus, you always get amazing speed and responsiveness.
From time to time Apple will send you operating system updates. The laptop has numerous ports with USB ports, SD card reader,s and much more, which is not the case with a new generation MacBook Air model. Unlike a Windows laptop, the experience is different, but for stockbrokers who need more reliability, the MacBook Air has a great operating system.
What Makes the Apple MacBook Air 13 Inch Laptop Reliable?
- The operating system software and hardware are designed to provide uninterrupted, responsive performance.
- Storage on SSD is faster, more reliable and more durable.
- If you’re already using macOS or need a long-lasting laptop, the 13-inch Apple MacBook Air is a great choice.
- Pricing is on the high end, but shouldn’t be an issue for stock traders who need reliable equipment.
- In addition, it takes much longer and gives you the best output for the investment made.
9. HP 17.3 inch touchscreen notebook laptop – An affordable laptop with a touchscreen
A touchscreen laptop makes life a lot easier for professionals involved in the stock market. The Windows 10 standard app is just one of the many programs that use the user interface. You no longer have to manually scroll through different tabs, but can switch with the tip of your finger. The HP 17.3-inch laptop has a large enough display to favor its use.
The laptop is powered by an AMD Ryzen 5 A9 processor with an integrated AMD Radeon R5 graphics card. Many stockbroker applications use the graphical user interface to make it easier to manage multiple stock investments. The graphics card helps to use it efficiently, while the copious 12GB of RAM and large 1TB hard drive make it all the more productive.
The HP laptop uses fast Wi-Fi AC connectivity for faster download and internet browsing speeds. The design is nothing innovative, but the backlit WLED display is great for both work and entertainment. The laptop runs a Windows 10 operating system designed for use with touch screens and you can conveniently download all of your apps from the store.
What Makes the HP 17.3 Inch Touchscreen Notebook Laptop Desirable?
- With the touchscreen function, you can easily deal with stock trading apps.
- It is affordable for most stock traders and ordinary users.
- Stock brokers who need to quickly switch between multiple apps use connectivity ports to stream content while staying on budget.
- The HP 17.3-inch touchscreen notebook laptop features performance, touchscreen intuitiveness, and a reasonable price.
10. Acer Spin 3 Convertible Laptop – Highly productive laptop for stock trading
A convertible laptop is handy for stock traders as you may have to spend hours watching the changes in the stock market. Instead of being in an upright position all day, the Acer Spin 3 convertible laptop lets you enjoy a lot of comfort while you get all of the work done. The active pen that came with the laptop allows you to use it in tablet mode, take notes, and mark items that should be checked later.
The device is powered by a 7th generation Intel i8 processor, which makes it fast and responsive. It has 16 GB of DDR4 RAM combined with 512 GB of SSD storage. The NVMe is super fast and reliable when it comes to keeping all of your trading details on the local drive. It’s also helpful to keep the files stored in the cloud for access anytime, anywhere. The 14-inch display is a bright 1080p screen and uses IPS for great viewing angles.
The Acer Spin 3 can be used with a flip in both laptop and tablet mode. The touchscreen lets you use apps, mark stock trades, and make stock changes while on the go. The pen further simplifies the process and lets you work more productively while relaxing. The pen is very responsive, works with external tools such as a scale to be used on the screen, and can be stored on the laptop.
What Makes the Acer Spin 3 Convertible Laptop a Strong Choice?
- Among other things, it is lightweight and faster in data processing. It has a pen that you can use to mark and browse different stock options.
- Tablet mode reduces the hassle of accessing your apps for a quick update of the stock market.
- Any stock trader who needs long battery life and a useful touchscreen.
- An additional pen makes it easier to work fluently on the laptop.
- The Acer Spin 3 is a solid laptop that you can easily work on it all day.
11. HP Specter 13.3-inch laptop – A powerful, rugged laptop with gorilla glass
The 13.3-inch HP Specter laptop has many advantages in that it works on all fronts and is ideal for a stock trader. The laptop has a compact 13.3 inch display with a full HD 1080p resolution and you can see all of your stock numbers clearly. Underneath the sleek build, it’s powered by a 7th generation Intel i8 processor paired with 16GB of RAM. It has a massive 512GB NVMe SSD, making it the most reliable laptop for stock trading.
The choice of storage is large enough to store all of your files, and at the same time it is very responsive when you need quick access to those files. In addition, the laptop justifies its premium price by implementing the latest ports, including a Thunderbolt 3 port for the fastest data transfer and a USB 3.1 Gen 1 for the usual data transfer with a USB stick.
In addition to unique features like the HP Audio Boost, the laptop is also ideal for watching videos and tutorials with stockbrokers and improved clarity. The speakers are provided by Bang and Olufsen, who are known for their great sound – be it music or long conversations. All of these features help a stock trader get even better results, while the gorilla glass on display offers great durability.
What Makes the HP Specter 13.3 Inch Laptop So Amazing?
- Thanks to the Gorilla Glass display, the laptop is extremely durable.
- It has a Thunderbolt port which is useful for fast data transfers.
- Those who want to work with ease.
- The HP Specter laptop supports a pen and uses a Gorilla Glass touchscreen display that is effortless to work with.
- The screen shows stocks that you can touch to drag, pen marking and lots of work to do instead of just relying on a mouse or desktop PC which is a bit of a hassle.
12. Lenovo Flex 11 2-in-1 Convertible Laptop – A compact convertible that is really affordable
If you are new to the world of stock trading, there are quite a few things to expect from your first laptop. The Lenovo Flex 11 is a convertible that is quite affordable for most as it only costs around $ 300 and is great value for money. Plus, you can’t carry a large laptop around when you’re on the go, be it on the go to work or to trade on the stock market.
The smaller 11.6-inch display comfortably meets the requirements as it is very easy to transport. The product weighs 2.75 pounds and means you won’t even feel like you are carrying it around in your backpack. Despite its small size, it has plenty of connectivity ports including HDMI, USB Type-C, USB 3.0 and a card reader that allows you to connect to many devices, including an additional hard drive, if needed.
The compact display allows you to view all of your trading content on the screen, while the Intel Pentium processor with 4 GB of RAM and 64 GB of SSD is always responsive. The memory can be expanded with an SD card or an external hard drive. The laptop has an anti-glare display that makes it easy to use in bright sunlight. It also supports Dolby audio for great sound reproduction.
What distinguishes the Lenovo Flex 11 2-in-1 convertible laptop?
- The pricing is a big plus for this product.
- It has a small display and a lightweight design, which makes it exceptionally portable.
- For stock traders looking for the best laptops for trading stocks, this is a compact and simple laptop that is easy to carry around.
- It’s light, has a decent screen, and has all the connectivity ports to stay productive anywher.e.
Frequently asked Questions
Can I download special software for trading stocks onto the laptop?
Yes, you should be able to download any additional software you need to trade stocks onto the laptop you bought for this purpose. Most laptops come pre-installed with Windows 10 Home Edition. Software compatible with the Windows environment runs smoothly on the laptop. You need to make sure that the software is from a reliable source and that it is free from malware.
Can I play games on the laptop for stock trading?
Playing games on the laptop for stock trading is not a problem as long as the specifications meet the requirements for playing the game. If the game cannot be played, you will usually get an on-screen warning that the game is incompatible with this computer. The profile of the game describes the minimum computer requirements to play the game.
Is Onboard Storage In Laptop Important For Stock Trading?
Onboard storage is important for every laptop. If your question is do you need extra storage space in laptops for stock trading, it depends on the user. If you frequently create large documents and store them on your laptop, the memory footprint may increase. You would then need at least 1 TB of storage space. If you need additional storage, you can use external hard drives and cloud storage as backups.
Will the battery life be affected by long operating hours of the laptops?
All batteries have a terminal life and must be replaced afterwards. Frequently charging and discharging the laptop battery will shorten its lifespan. If you find yourself in a place where you can plug your laptop into a power source, this is what you need to do. This extends the overall battery life.
I accidentally dropped my laptop and the display is damaged. Can it be replaced?
You can contact an authorized service center and have your laptop checked if only the display panel is damaged. If the machine is otherwise functional, you can ask the technician to replace only the display panel. After that, it will work fine. If it is within the warranty period, check for any accidental damage. You can then have the damaged display replaced free of charge.
Choosing the best laptops for stock trading is made easy by the list given above. A touchscreen display is certainly handy as you can easily switch between apps. Some laptops are convertible and tablet mode allows you to take notes with a pen, mark stock changes, and improve your trading. The expensive laptops are ideal for professional traders, while the $ 500 or less products are a great solution for those who are still in the early stages of trading stocks from home or on the go.