As a professional, you need access to advanced versions of the AutoCAD application if you are interested in 3D or 2D modeling or architectural design. One of the biggest problems for professionals in such a profession is finding an accurate laptop to run AutoCAD software on.
Maximum users cannot select the best laptops to run AutoCAD applications due to insufficient knowledge of the laptop specifications required to run AutoCAD. They either opt for a laptop with limited storage space or insufficient CPU memory.
To avoid mistakes like this, do you first need to have the basic technical knowledge of the best laptops for AutoCAD in 2022?
AutoCAD is program software mainly used for 3D or 2D modeling purposes. Pros or students who edit and sketch designs need a laptop equipped with a powerful CPU and GPU memory to run large app files. Buying an ordinary laptop by overlooking these features is a waste of money.
Then you need a laptop with some of these tech features like:
- 5th/7 Intel iCore 7 / i9 processor Generation with 8-16 GB RAM
- 256 GB to 512 GB SSD
- At least 15.6 inch IPS screen
- Powerful integrated GeForce GPU processor with 2-4 GB VRAM
- Long-lasting battery life – for 4/7 hours
- Top 10 Best Laptops for AutoCAD Software in 2022 – Reviews
- Frequently Asked Questions [FAQs]
- Final words
Top 10 Best Laptops for AutoCAD Software in 2022 – Reviews
1. Asus Rog Zephyrus GU502GW
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 Max-Q 8 GB GDDR6 (Base 1080 MHz Boost 1305 MHz TDP 90 W)
- Latest Intel Core i9-7H hexa-core processor of the 9750th generation
- 240 Hz 3 ms 15 6 inch Full HD (1920 x 1080) IPS display with Pantone validation
ROG Zephyrus M Thin and Portable Gaming Laptop for Solidworks, and SketchUp, 15.6” 240Hz FHD IPS, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070, Intel Core i7-9750H, 16GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB PCIe SSD, Per-Key RGB, Windows 10 Home, GU502GW-AH76
To perform CPU-intensive 2D and 3D modeling tasks, you need high-performance iCore 7 9750H processor memory. The HexaCore processor in the Rog Zephyrus GU502GW is quite powerful and ensures a turbo clock rate of 4.5 GHz.
The NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 Max-Q has 8 GB of VRAM with GDDR6 memory for running heavy hybrid gaming sessions, advanced AutoCAD design with a speed of 1080 MHz Boost.
With the other laptop models, finding such a feature can be a challenge for a user. However, with the ROG GU502W model, this is never an option.
The metal chassis frame of this particular laptop model enables a convenient and easy connection to the available LAN connection points in the office, at home, in the cafeteria, etc., wherever you are comfortable for work.
Some users often need to rush to the service centers after discovering that their processor memory RAM is causing problems while performing heavy graphics-intensive tasks. Overheating can be a major cause of such a technical argument.
With the Asus Rog Zephyrus series, you will hardly find such a case you. The intelligent ROG cooling system has two 12 V fans.
The anti-dust technology and adjustable fan operating modes reduce the heat generated by your processor by making it cooler. The RGB backlit keyboard gives you an incredible feel while enjoying intense gaming sessions.
The ultra-slim design of the laptop is an additional advantage for carrying it in a bag. The 4.4-pound laptop is very effective for carrying from one place to another.
Now let’s move on to the additional storage in your laptop. The dedicated 16GB DDR4 RAM memory is quite roomy for storing large data files.
If you think that’s not enough, don’t worry! The 1 TB PCIe SSD is an additional backup for storing heavy hybrid program files in your system memory.
- High-performance HexaCore CPU processor memory.
- Powerful GPU memory for graphics-intensive tasks.
- Incredibly brilliant sharp display.
- A huge amount of available storage files + additional PCIe NVMe storage unit.
- Powerful and brilliant 15.6-inch display.
- Superfast thermal cooling technology to reduce the risk of your CPU processor overheating.
- The older model versions may have minor disputes – better watch out before placing your final order
2. New Alienware M15 laptop
- High-end materials such as magnesium alloy, copper and steel offer a first-class, light and performance-oriented gaming experience with …
- Our fastest panel to date offers 300 Hz 300 nits 3 ms Full HD for smooth high-speed motion graphics
- Alienware Cryo-Tech optimizes component cooling, which maximizes overall performance and keeps your laptop cool
Alienware m15 R3 15.6inch FHD Gaming Laptop (Lunar Light) Intel Core i7-10750H 10th Gen, 16GB DDR4 RAM, 512GB SSD, Nvidia GeForce RTX 2060 6GB GDDR6, Windows 10 Home (AWm15-7272WHT-PUS)
If your laptop’s processor memory is particularly important, the Alienware m15 name must be at the top of your buying list. There are two versions of this laptop model from New Alienware.
It is a smart option to buy the latest for yourself. That’s because the older version with NVIDIA RTX 2060 comes with a 6GB dedicated VRAM, while the latest version comes with the super-powerful NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 8GB dedicated VRAM memory.
So this is a far better option than the previous version. The latest version gives you the opportunity to enjoy the powerful VRAM memory, but the previous one may not give you such an option.
That’s not all! The robust construction of this model is another plus point of this laptop. The high-quality material from which the entire body is made is admirable.
The entire fairing is made of magnesium alloy, copper, and steel. The light and high gaming performance is the contribution of its powerful iCore 7 10750H processor of the 10th generation.
Whether you’re doing a very graphics-intensive task or you’re working on a 3D or 2D modeling architecture, everything starts and runs super smoothly and quickly. The 300 Hz turbo speed offers amazing performance.
This is an added benefit of purchasing the M15 laptop because such speed will help you clear the junk files from your system cache immediately. The Alienware Cryo Tech used in it optimizes component cooling.
It easily maximizes overall performance. The cool-touch technology used in New Alienware keeps the temperature of the CPU optimized to prevent overheating. The screen is another plus point of this Alienware model.
The FHD display has been praised by buyers. Its 3ms response time, 100,000: 1 ratio, and 60Hz ratio. However, you will be pleased to know that the laptop weighs no more than 4.65 lbs, which is significantly lighter than the older version of the New Alienware Laptops.
- Powerful 10th generation processor with incredible turbo speed.
- Weighs less than 4.65 pounds.
- Robust and durable magnesium alloy construction.
- 16 GB DDR4 RAM memory + 1 TB PCLe with additional M.2 SSD.
- Intelligent component cooling technology.
- 4 GB RGB Ken rollover.
- Performance may vary with the older versions of the model.
3. MSI GS75 Stealth Laptop – Best Laptop Brand
- 17.3 “FHD (1920×1080), 300Hz 3ms, IPS-Level NVIDIA GeForce RTX2070 Super 8G GDDR6
- Core i9-10980HK 2.4 – 5.3 GHz Killer Wi-Fi6 AX1650 (2 * 2 ax)
- 1 TB NVMe SSD 32 GB (16 G * 2) DDR4 2666 MHz 2 socket; Max. Memory 64GB
MSI GS75 Stealth Gaming Laptop: 17.3″ 240Hz Display, Intel Core i7-10875H, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060, 16GB RAM, 512GB NVMe SSD, Win10 Pro, Black (10SE-620)
When it comes to designing 3D or 2D models and architectural design, or if you’re a graphic designer, this is the laptop of choice.
In contrast to other common laptop models, the MSI series was specially developed for high-definition gaming purposes. Maximum users have confusion when it comes to purchasing MSI laptops.
Most prefer the GS75 and some vouch for the GS65 stealth gaming laptop. If you’re new to buying an MSI laptop, you’d better go for the GS75 Raider model as the 10980th generation i10 9 HK processor is far better than the 79750th generation i7 H processor.
The GeForce GTX 2070 graphics memory of the MSI GS75 Raider has a built-in Super 8GB VRAM. At the same time, the NVIDIA model GS65 has a GeForce RTX 2060 graphics processor memory with built-in 6 GB GDDR6 RAM.
This makes the latest version of the MSI laptop series significantly better than before. The 17.3 FHD IPS screen of MSI laptops is suitable for displaying graphics-intensive images.
Assuming you are in a job where you need to edit and select the color contrast of the 2D or 3D models, then the GS75 Raider is best for you. In addition to the widescreen, the laptop storage has a 1 TB NVMe SSD storage unit.
The 32GB DDR4 RAM with a speed of 2666Mhz can literally launch heavy Exe file applications without disrupting your ongoing performances. There have been reports of ordinary laptops crashing frequently while trying to run heavy exe applications.
System crashes never happen with MSI laptops. The Wi-Fi 6 support provided in it will help you connect to the local LAN almost instantly. That’s another added benefit of buying a GS75 model for yourself.
If the price of the GS75 model doesn’t really bother you, the MSI GS75 must be your first choice for running AutoCAD applications on your laptop.
- Comes with 10 multilingual speakers with huge woofers.
- 8th generation 10Core performance that offers a performance increase of up to 50%.
- Guarantees a speed of 5.3 GHz Turbo.
- AI-driven high-performance graphics with powerful NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2070 GPU memory.
- 300 Hz refresh rate + Dragon Center technology to optimize your system configurations.
- RGB backlit keyboard for enhanced gaming performance.
- The laptop’s multitasking performance may vary with the older version of the MSI GS65 model.
4. Acer Predator Helios series – Best Affordable Acer Laptop
- 10th Generation Intel Core i7-10750H 6-Core Processor (Up to 5.0GHz) with Windows 10 Home 64 Bit
- Overclockable NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 with 6 GB of dedicated GDDR6 VRAM
- 17.3″ Full HD (1920 x 1080) Widescreen LED-backlit IPS Display (144Hz Refresh Rate, 3ms Overdrive Response Time, 300nit Brightness & 72% NTSC..
Acer Predator Helios 300 Gaming Laptop, Intel i7-10750H, NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 with 6GB, 17.3″ FHD 144Hz 3ms IPS Display, 16GB Dual-Channel DDR4, 1TB NVMe SSD, WiFi 6, RGB Keyboard, PH317-54-77TH
Helios comes from the Acer family, best known for making high-performance laptop models. This laptop model is known for its ultra-fast and powerful CPU processor with i7 Core 10750 H 6Core processor.
The processor memory offers a speed of up to 5.0 GHz. The overclocked NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 processor with 6 GB dedicated GDDR6 VRAM runs the heavy gaming files smoothly.
If you’re a gaming fanatic, it’s time to say “get, sit and vroom vroom”! Professionals interested in 3D and 2D modeling will always find this laptop model perfect for performing tough, graphics-intensive tasks.
Sometimes you may need to edit and redesign the models if the designs are not approved. Do not worry; This 6-core processor memory takes no more than a few seconds to pull up a large exe file and connect your laptop to online plugins for advanced AutoCAD applications.
Let’s get to the other technical details of this laptop model. The 15.6-inch FHD screen is an added bonus from Helios. The other versions of Acer are unmatched in front of its ultra-wide display.
The 300 Helios Ignite Fusion has a 144Hz IPS panel that is suitable for checking the color contrast. If your current laptop doesn’t offer the speed you need for graphics-intensive tasks, Predator-series Helios must be at the top of your buying list.
In addition to its powerful graphics and central processor memory, the laptop model has a 4-zone keyboard with a backlight. The backlit concave keycaps and WASD are the two built-in keys on this laptop.
The Turbo Predator Sense keyboard is an additional feature in this model. It will help you speed up your game process and edit the image dimensions while sketching the 2D or 3D models.
The bandwidth connectivity from Helios is also admirable. The User Control Center is another advantage of the Helios laptop.
- 3 ms overdrive response with 300 nit brightness.
- DTSX ultrasonic audio system.
- GeForce GTX 2060 GPU processor memory with 6 GB DDR6 VRAM + CPU memory.
- Integrated Acer True Harmony speakers for enhanced audio effect.
- AX 1650i 802 wireless Wi-Fi available.
- 6-hour long-life battery (lithium-ion type)
- The laptop’s multitasking performance may vary with the older version of the MSI GS65 model.
5. HP ZBook 15G5 – Best budget HP Laptop
- This brand new laptop has been upgraded from a base model. The manufacturer’s packaging is opened and closed again to …
- 64 GB DDR4-2400 MHz RAM, 2 x 1 TB PCIe NVMe M.2 SSD + 2 TB HDD
- 15.6 ” anti-glare FHD display (1920 x 1080), Intel UHD 620 graphics.
HP ZBook 15 G5 15.6″ FHD (1920×1080) Mobile Workstation Laptop (Intel 6-Core i7-8850H, 64GB DDR4 RAM, 2TB SSD+2TB HDD) Thunderbolt 3, HDMI, Fingerprint, Backlit, Windows 10 Pro
HP ZBook 15 must be one of your buying preferences if you are looking for a CPU processor and an integrated GPU processor in your laptop. The primary design of your ZBook is improved in this model.
The older version of Zbook lacked certain technical specifications. For this reason, manufacturers have taken certain precautions when making this version of the Zbook.
The older version’s dedicated DDR4RAM memory was 32GB, but the latest version has 64GB of dedicated RAM memory to store the maximum .exe execution files. The powerful processor takes less time to complete a simple task than the older version.
Despite the 32GB of RAM, some users complained that older versions of ZBook would crash while multitasking, often causing glitches. However, the 64GB DDR4RAM rarely shows such symptoms while an application is running.
The multitasking ability of this model is pretty exceptional. It instantly performs graphic-intensive game exe files and other heavy-duty tasks. This is an added benefit of choosing ZBook for AutoCAD applications.
The latest version of the HP ZBook comes with a one-year warranty. The Intel Core i7 8850H CPU processor memory offers a speed of up to 2.6 GHz. The 4.3 GHz 9MB L3 cache cleaning system prevents unnecessary junk files from consuming unnecessary space in your laptop system memory.
When it comes to graphics memory, the ZBook 15 is one of the buyer’s top purchasing preferences. The NVIDIA Quadro P2000 graphics memory has a dedicated built-in 4 GB GDDR5 VRAM to start large exe files and program files in your system.
The ultra-powerful graphics processor guarantees you the execution of high-definition gaming files, 3D or 2D modeling software and even allows you to run their updates and easily access the plug-in software in your system.
Aside from its powerful graphics and CPU memory, the 15.6 FHD anti-glare screen has a USB 3.1 Type C Thunderbolt, of which there are 3 types. The 3 USB 3.0, 1 HDMI 2.0 cables, and the RJ45 audio jack + fingerprint scanner are additional advantages of this particular model.
- Easily edit multiple content streams, edit complex data for virtual reality.
- 4.3 GHz Intel Turbo Boost 2.0 technology for smoothly retrieving heavy exe files.
- Often helps you access large file data and programs effectively.
- SSD storage upgradeable to 2 TB PCLe NVMe + 2 TB HDD.
- HP long-life battery with a lithium-ion polymer.
- Military Standard 810 G3 certifications.
- The older version of this model may face a memory problem when running heavier EXE program files. Revit
6. Lenovo ThinkPad P53
- processor:Intel Core i7-8565U 1. 80GHz
- Gpu:NVIDIA Quadro P520
- Ram:16 GB
- Storage:512GB PCIe NVMe SSD
- Display:15. 6″ Full HD (1920×1080)
Are you looking for reliable and long-lasting processor memory in your laptop to perform graphics-intensive tasks in your laptop? Then the name of the Lenovo ThinkPad P53 must come to your mind.
This particular model from Lenovo is not the only version in this series. There is also a Lenovo ThinkPad P52. When this question comes to mind as a buyer, scroll down to Learn the Differences Between ThinkPad P53 and P52 to find the differences between the siblings.
Let’s sort out the processor memory first. The P53 model is equipped with an i7 4Core 8565U processor which is quite upgraded, powerful, and faster than the P52 series.
While the older brother has an i7 Core 8550U CPU processor memory that is quite older compared to the newest one.
If your question is about graphics memory, you know that the P53 model has NVIDIA Quadro P520 graphics memory while the P52 model only has NVIDIA P500 graphics memory. So, as you can see, that’s the difference.
While the older version may encounter hurdles in running or loading heavy graphics-intensive EXE tasks, this model can easily execute graphics-intensive EXE tasks in your system. That makes this particular model a multitasking model.
If you are both a game fanatic and a graphic designer into AutoCAD design then this laptop model has got to impress you with its unmatched CPU and GPU memory.
The 15.6-inch full HD screen has an 802.11 ac Wi-Fi function. The 5.0 Bluetooth with Ethernet LAN is instantly connected to the available local Wi-Fi device.
Wait, that’s not all! Some users have complained about the poor-quality webcam on the older version of the model. The manufacturers took this part seriously and in this version added a brilliant 720P webcam that provides a crystal clear view during online video chat conferencing.
The image quality remains completely uncompromising. The added fingerprint security scanner increases the security of your laptop to restrict third-party access without your permission.
- 512 GB PCle SSD + 3 2.0 USB ports available.
- Ultra-powerful 7Core 4U CPU of the 8565th generation + ultra-fast GPU memory.
- 1 HDMI cable, Thunderbolt, and 1 USB Type-C port with micro SD card reader options.
- Lithium-ion battery with 3 cells and 57 W available.
- 1-year manufacturer warranty.
- Comes with a portable USB 3.0 datahub.
- When purchasing the older version, system configurations can crash when restarting after an update.
7. Razer Blade 15 – Best Cheap Razer laptop
- Processor: 10th Gen Intel Core i7-10750H
- GPU:NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660 Ti
- Ram:8 GB
- Storage: 256GB SSD
- DIsplay: 15.6 inches
- Brand: Razer
- Series:Razer Blade 15 Base
If you are unsure which laptop to buy for the AutoCAD workstation, the Razer Blade name is a smart choice for you in many ways.
Perfectly plausible for running 2D and 3D modeling applications, this laptop will meet all of your criteria. Post the annoying comment from a sizeable number of users about the previous Razer Blade 15, the manufacturers took no chances at all this time around.
You have taken care to make enough changes to the Razer Blade series model. In contrast to the CPU processor of the previous model, which was only iCore7 9750H, this is the latest generation model with an iCore 7 10750 H 6Core processor.
That means it is very reliable for multitasking. Aside from its undeniable multitasking power, this particular model will help your system connect to online servers at incredible speeds while other applications run with ease.
The performance of this laptop is up to 5.0 Mhz. The turbo clock speed of this laptop will help you complete your performance easily.
In most cases, it has been shown that people looking for improved performance are seen as wise. The NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2060 graphics storage processor has a Max-Q design with 8 GB of dedicated GDDR6 VRAM that ensures real-time ray tracing.
As a game fan, you will particularly like this function during intensive gaming sessions. Aside from playing high-definition online games, if you are into game development, the Razer Blade 15 is the perfect choice for blade makers.
Be it a functional game character or a Navy Seal character you’re designing for the latest version of BattleField: 4 or Call of Duty: Modern Warfare, etc., the Razer Blade adds sharpness to every inch and makes it more real.
The characters’ incredible color resolution comes to life in its high FPS gaming screen. The 144 Hz full HD quality screen has a 1920 * 1080 display system. The action on the screen is incredibly smooth and fluid.
The colorful and precise graphics of the thin bezel system calibrate up to 15.6-inch display support with 100% sRGB color quality.
- Made of anodized CNC aluminum quality, perfect for the rigid and durable frame.
- The amazing portability is an added bonus with this laptop model.
- Dedicated 16 GB 2933 Mhz dual channel DDR4 RAM memory + 512 GB PCLe SSD file + 8 GB GDDR6 VRAM.
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX graphics with Max-Q design.
- 10th generation 6Core ultra-fast iCore 7 processor with 5.0 Turbo Boost speed.
- Gigabit Ethernet support: Wi-Fi 6 compatible, Thunderbolt USB Type-C and Type-A ports with HDMI cable connection options
- The technical specifications of the older version may not be as smart as the latest models.
Frequently Asked Questions [FAQs]
Despite searching the purchase information several times, it was found that buyers were not choosing the right laptop version for themselves.
Then it becomes difficult for them to choose the best laptops to run AutoCAD in 2022. To help alleviate the issues, we’ve compiled a list of the frequently asked questions that buyers often ask. They are:
1. Which laptop is suitable for running AutoCAD?
Since you are looking for the best laptop to run the AutoCAD application in 2022, you need to select the following laptop models from the list below:
- Asus TUF R5 3550 H CPU processor
- Lenovo 3 with i5 10300 H CPU processor
- Dell G3 i5 10300H processor
- Lenovo IdeaPad L340 i5 9340H processor memory
2. How much RAM do you need to run an AutoCAD application?
The AutoCAD application requires 8 GB of RAM memory. There is an added benefit if your system has pre-installed VRAM graphics RAM in your laptop to do the 3D or 2D modeling and construction on your laptop. When looking for the best laptop for AutoCAD, this factor should definitely not be overlooked.
3. Do you absolutely need graphics memory to run AutoCAD?
There is generally a misunderstanding among buyers. They believe that AutoCAD requires graphics memory to run in your system. But the fact is completely different. You need graphics memory in your system to perform the editing actions associated with the enhanced version of 3D models on your laptop.
That’s because AutoCAD requires your CPU memory to run. It’s a CPU-intensive task. The VRAM you need to run AutoCAD is 128MB. This is always preinstalled in your CPU. It’s the only thing to look for when looking for the best laptop to run AutoCAD applications on your system.
4. Is the i3 processor enough to run AutoCAD on your laptop?
Well, as for the requirements, the i3 processor is enough to run AutoCAD on your system laptop. The IntelCore 15 is perfectly capable of running AutoCAD 2018 software applications.
If you choose to run it, the 2GB of graphics card memory comes with at least 6GB of RAM. The Core i5 processor is always considered to be clever in the long run.
5. What graphics card is sufficient to run AutoCAD?
You will need the Autodesk graphics specs like 1920 * 1080 or True Color video display adapter. 128 MB VRAM is banned. Pixel Shader 3.0 is a pretty clever option. A Direct 3D-enabled workstation is another smart choice for running AutoCAD software on your system.
If the VRAM is 2GB higher then it is perfectly fine for running basic 3D modeling applications on your system. These are the basic graphics requirements to have in your system if your search is for the best AutoCAD application laptops in 2022.
While searching for the best laptops for AutoCAD software on your laptop, you will always find plenty of laptops to buy. As the smart buyer, you need to keep an eye out to find the right laptop for you.
When doing the analysis, you need to take into account the real reviews of the online platforms about the models of laptops for sale. Always choose a model that fits your budget and meets all of the technical specifications and requirements necessary to run the AutoCAD application software on your system. As a new buyer, you may be thinking of taking the worst risk.
Instead, spend some time analyzing the published reviews and product lighting by the experts on the laptops for the AutoCAD application in 2022. That could help you differentiate between the laptops you need and the laptops that the sellers want to sell to you.
Some of the links in this post are affiliate links. That said, if you click the link and buy the item, I will receive an affiliate commission at no additional cost to you. All opinions remain my own. Read more about affiliate disclosure